Friday, June 19, 2009

Sore Throat Herbal Remedy

I was recently asked by a friend for a recommendation for a herbal remedy for sore throat. There is one remedy that I use myself, a traditional Chinese remedy, made from the white part of watermelon rind called Watermelon Frost.

It is a powder, which is sprayed from a squeeze bottle into the throat. It has a strong bitter taste, but it brings almost instant relief, and lasts for hours. I have used it myself for many years, and recommended to dozens of clients, friends, and family members. It is available in Chinese pharmacies, and even grocery stores in the Chinatown section of Philadelphia. If you don't have a local source available, it is sold on Amazon, SANJIN Watermelon Frost Compound - 3 gram (Solstice)
, they also have throat lozenges available, but I have never tried them.


The material presented in this blog is for informational use only and should in no way be used as a substitute for needed medical treatment. I am not a doctor, I do not diagnose or treat disease. If you need medical care, please consult the appropriate medical professional. And please discuss with your doctor if you are taking or planning to take any herbal preparations.





Technorati Tags:
, , ,